This test case is to check that fonts/rendering are correctly displayed and strings translated in flatpak applications. Flatpak is pre-installed in Fedora.
1. Install any package
$ flatpak install <app name>
eg. flatpak install gedit
2. To run flatpack app
$ flatpak run <Application ID>
eg flatpak run org.gnome.gedit
$ flatpak list to get
3. Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase change language to switch the language.
- If you want to test any application from flathub then you need to enable it,please refer https://flatpak.org/setup/Fedora/ .
- If you want to search any application before installation
$ flatpak search <app name>
- One can also install flatpak app form
How to test
- Look for an application to launch on desktop environment menus
- Run the application. Nice to test applications:
- Check the display of text in your language in the application (fonts/rendering/characters) such as menu items, input, output, prompts, and window contents. (GUI)
- Characters/Rendering are displayed properly and clearly in the application as well as in system menus.
- Input should work accordingly with proper rendering.