|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|description=installation . the .
Revision as of 04:44, 16 January 2015
A complete installation using the systems physical devices for the xfs filesystem. A detailed look at the xfs filesystem can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfs
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the option to configure partitioning yourself is selected,and complete this screen.
- On the MANUAL PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Click the Click here to create them automatically link
- Place the root filesystem(/) on an ext3 formatted partition
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.
- Reboot successfully into installed system
- Confirm that / is formatted as xfs filesystem