An installation which includes a disk-based swap partition (not included by default since Fedora 33).
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the Custom option is selected under Storage Configuration, and complete this screen.
- On the MANUAL PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Click the Click here to create them automatically link
- Reduce the size of the root partition so there is a gigabyte or two of unassigned space
- Create a new partition and set its mount point as (note: not )
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.
- The installation should complete successfully
- The disk-based swap partition should be active (you can check
/proc/swapsor the output of Template:Cmd)