3D Printing SIG
The Fedora 3D Printing SIG's goal is to make Fedora the best platform for 3D printing.
|Member||Printers you have access to||Main activity in the SIG|
|Miro Hrončok||RebeliX, Prusa i2/i3, Lulzbot TAZ 4 and Mini, Ciclop 3D scanner, iBox Nano||packaging, reviews, taking printers to events|
|DJ Delorie||Rostock MAX V1|
|Jaroslav Škarvada||RebeliX, Prusa i2/i3||package review, firmware hacking, can help with packaging|
|John M. Harris||Lulzbot TAZ 5||can help with packaging|
|Corey Sheldon||None at the moment, but knowledge and skills, planning to have a 3D printed laptop design out by fall 2018 (http://www.ameridea.net)||Evangelism and workshops|
|Neville A. Cross||Rerap i3||talks, videos, taking the printer to events|
|Tom Callaway||Lulzbot TAZ 5, Lulzbot Mini||packaging, reviews, demos at events|
|Przemek Klosowski||under construction||general help, docs, MachineKit/BeagleBone|
There is no formal process for participating; joining the mailing list, hanging out on IRC, or participating in meetings are all great ways to get involved.
A little self-introduction on the mailing list would be nice, too. And, if you want to, add yourself to our members-section above.
3D Printing Apps/Packages in Fedora
3D CAD programs
- openscad The Programmers Solid 3D CAD Modeller
- freecad* A general purpose 3D CAD modeller
- librecad* A graphical and comprehensive 2D CAD application
3D mesh utilities and libraries
- admesh Diagnose and/or repair problems with STereo Lithography files
- admeshgui STL viewer and manipulation tool
- amftools AMF file library
- meshlab* A system for processing and editing unstructured 3D triangular
- poly2tri A 2D constrained Delaunay triangulation library
- opencsg Library for Constructive Solid Geometry using OpenGL
- OpenTK C# library that wraps OpenGL, OpenCL and OpenAL
- polyclipping* Polygon clipping library
- python-admesh Python bindings for ADMesh, STL manipulation library
- simarrange STL 2D plate packer with collision simulation
- stlsplit Split STL file to more files - one shell each
- slic3r G-code generator for 3D printers (RepRap, Makerbot, Ultimaker, etc)
- CuraEngine Engine for processing 3D models into G-code instructions for 3D
- sfact Converts 3D model into G-Code for RepRap
- skeinforge Converts 3D model into G-Code for RepRap
3D printer control software
- cura 3D printer control software
- cura-lulzbot Cura LulzBot Edition, 3D printer control software
- printrun RepRap printer interface and tools
- RepetierHost 3D printer control software
- repsnapper RepRap control software
- lmfit Levenberg-Marquardt least-squares minimization and curve fitting
- python-power Cross-platform system/battery power status information
- rapidxml Fast XML parser
- 3dprinter-udev-rules Rules for udev to give regular users access to operate 3D printers
Packages with * are not maintained by the members of the SIG, but are important for us.
Packages waiting for your review
Currently none, feel free to add the link here or send an e-mail to our mailing list, if you have some new packages waiting for review.
Packages not yet in Fedora
Those packages are not yet ready to be in Fedora:
Packages that will never be in Fedora
Those packages are not able to be in Fedora, because they are not free software. Use alternate repositories to get them.
- Join: 3dprinting
We hang out on irc.freenode.net at.
This SIG does not have regular meetings.