The Spin Special Interest Group
The Spins Special Interest Group reviews, tests and approves Fedora Spins. Participants in this SIG are delegates from QA, Release Engineering, the Fedora Project Board, Infrastructure and FESCo.
What is it we do?
The purpose of the Spin SIG is oversee the development of an evolving set of technical best practises to be applied to all community spin concepts. The Spin SIG will also oversee the continued maintenance of approved community spins in the Kickstart Pool, and will regulate the use of any infrastructure as it becomes available for use for the Spins SIG. For example webspace at spins.fedoraproject.org will be made available for spin descriptions. New spin concepts first come to the Spins SIG for discussion and technical review. Once the Spins SIG comes to a consensus as to technical merit, the benefit to Fedora, and the overall feasibility of a proposed spin, that spin concept is passed to the Board for final trademark approval.
- Spins Guidelines - Guidelines for people to submit spin concepts.
- Kickstart Pool - A draft proposal on a kickstart pool.
- Spins Process - A draft on the Community Spin Submission Process.
- Localized Spins - A draft on how Localized Spins should be composed.
- Test Plans - Test Plans for Spins in general
- New Spin Page Template - A template for new Spins creating their Spins page