Please use the following template to document CSI Variables in Ansible
# These variables are moved into /etc/system_identification by the base role. # Groups and individual hosts should overide them with specific info. # See http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/csi/security-policy/ csi_security_category: csi_primary_contact: Fedora Admins - email@example.com csi_purpose: csi_relationship: | - This system relies on x, y, z, etc - Services a, b, c, rely on this system - Important other note
Special characters and other tips
- A colon ":" is used as a variable separator. Please do not use them except as noted in the example.
- A pipe "|" denotes multiple lines follow the variable separator.
- Ansible does not expect tabs. Please use multiple spaces instead.
- To submit a patch with new CSI variables, please generate a patch from your git branch of the document you are working on by running git format-patch --> master >> name of patch. Then send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy-pasting a patch to gmail via a web interface will affect the formatting of the patch
- Please see below code snippet for an easy way to submit a properly formatted patch via mutt from the command line.
cat nameofyourpatch.patch | mutt -s "CSI variarables added to ...." email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in irc at #fedora-admin.