Fedora Static Analysis Special Interest Group (SIG)
(Note that this SIG is merely tentative for now)
Goal and Scope
dmalcolm is interested in making it easy to run static code analysis tools on all of Fedora, and having a sane system for getting useful information from the firehose of data that doing so is likely to generate. See http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-December/175232.html
See also the Formal Methods SIG with which there's clearly an overlap.
Mission and Plan
TBD; Fedora's main devel list for now
Static Code Analysis tools already in Fedora
- gcc - arguably we should pay more attention to the compiler warnings that gcc already generates: sometimes it's correctly pointing out a bug.
- clang static analyzer (in Fedora as "clang-analyzer" subpackage of "llvm")
- cpychecker (part of gcc-python-plugin)
- flawfinder (that page has a great list of links to other static analysis tools)
- cppcheck Cppcheck is a static analysis tool for C/C++ code.
Package Want List