Question about the dependencies: "need fixes in ibus-tables" - What kind of fixes? --Cwickert 18:10, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Answer: Need customization in ibus-table, but since there are many other Chinese tables depends on this package and customization only required for indic, Decided to fork package by taking only required features of ibus-table and add customizations required for indic.
- I am very optimistic presently and thinking by the next month we will be able to do first Alpha release. (pravins)
- Adding more explanation: ibus-table doesn't support all the features of scim-tables for example auto-wildcarding for a table: I think we should first add that feature to ibus-table. Going down the road, there are a lot optimizations that could be done specifically for Indic that are not suitable for ibus-table in general and that would probably lead to the development of a new input-method derived from ibus-table specifically for input of complex scripts like Indic. Petersen 15:20, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
Another question: about dependencies: 'depends on scim-tables and ibus-tables' - I hope that doesn't mean that both of these big packages will end up getting pulled on the live cd ?--mclasen 18:18, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- If user required scim, he can install scim stuff, no need to give that by default in live CD.
- By default we are only looking for ibus ()
- Since as per first answer, we are looking for develop customize tables for indic, this problem is also getting solved.