(Add preliminary results table)
m (Tweaked wording slightly)
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
=== Results ===
=== Results ===
If you any bug (i.e. the test case does not complete as expected, or you encounter some buggy behaviour while carrying it out), then file a ticketvia the [https://fedorahosted.org/crash-catcher ]the [https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/crash-catcher crash-catcher mailing list].
Revision as of 14:58, 25 February 2009
|Thu February 26, 2009||From 12:00 to 20:00 UTC (7am -> 3pm ET)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Zdenek Prikryl Jiri Moskovcak
- Quality Assurance - Martin Koci, Radek Biba, James Laska, Adam Williamson
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Rawhide or F10 fully updated (some tips below). Remember, Rawhide is an unsupported development branch: use an installation you don't mind getting broken
- Selinux enabled. If you need to run in permissive mode please file a bug against selinux
How to test?
Update your machine to latest Rawhide or F10
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide.
- Install the Crash Catcher RPM package. Your browser should offer the option of installing the package when you click on it (Package will be provided later today)
- Restart the computer to launch the daemon and load the necessary dbus configuration files
- check if the daemon is really running, if not for some reason, run crash-catcher
- run cc-applet (as an ordinary user)
Follow the test case.
If you find any bug (i.e. the test case does not complete as expected, or you encounter some buggy behaviour while carrying it out), then file a ticket via the crash-catcher Trac system. Design discussion can also take place on the crash-catcher mailing list.
Please record what applications you test with crash-catcher and their results in the table below.
|User||Smolt Profile||Application Tested||Bug(s)||Comment(s)|
|James Laska||HW||Package Install||https://fedorahosted.org/crash-catcher/ticket/1||Can't install the packages (bad %requires)|