|March 17, 2009||From 12:00 to 0:00 UTC (8am -> 8pm EDT)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
This Fedora Test Day will focus on DeviceKit.
The following cast of characters will be available to help with testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - David Zeuthen, Tomas Bzatek, Richard Hughes, Matthias Clasen
- Quality Assurance - Radek Biba, Ondrej Hudlicky, James Laska
Prerequisities for the test day
- Fully updated Rawhide
- Free space for more partitions on a HD
- FAS Account - you can create an account in 3 minutes if you don't have one
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
- USB flash disk / MP3 player / memory card reader with a card or two
- External HD (connected via USB or FireWire)
- DVD-RAM writer & media, internal or external
- PCMCIA memory card reader with a card
- RAID array
- Encrypted partitions
- Any other exotic storage device you have
How to test?
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide.
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture:
Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD.
Please include the following information when filing a bug:
- devkit-disks --dump
- devkit-power --dump
Perform each of the following test cases that you are able to with the resources available to you.
Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from Sample User as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to your Smolt hardware profile (see above for a link with instructions on submitting your hardware profile to Smolt).
For each test case, if your system worked correctly, simply enter the word PASS. If you had any failures, enter the word FAIL, as a link to the bug report for the failure. If you could not meaningfully run the test due to limitations of your system or because of failures in more basic functionality, enter the word N/A. In the comments column, you can enter the any additional information worth noting during your testing (work-arounds, observations etc...).
|User||Smolt Profile||1. nautilus-gdu||2. gvfs||3. palimpsest||4. power||Comments|
|Sample user||HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||Filed sample bug rhbug:1|
|James Laska||HW||PASS (see comments)||FAT formatting never finishes ... and chews up memory (using nautilus or gnome-disk-utility-format). gnome-disk-utility dialogs include dbus strings (filed enhancement gnomebug#575710)|
|Michal Nowak||HW||2/5 PASS ratio||1/2 PASS ratio||PASS|
|Zbysek MRAZ||HW||PASS||INPROGRESS||Find some FAT & cryptsetup issues alltogether with tbzatek||User:FasName -->|