|2009-10-29 and 2009-10-30||Asia-Pacific and US EDT daytime||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on i18n.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test with your system and provide feedback.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machine. See instructions below.
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Install latest rawhide from a local mirror. Please follow this guidance to use rawhide -- Install from a nearby rawhide mirror.
- Alternatively use a Live image:
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD.
What to test?
The idea is to test your common usage of desktop applications in your native language, and identify any problems or weaknesses.
The main focus areas are:
- gdm login
- display of text in browser, openoffice, and other applications
- input using ibus and its rendering
It is recommended to test from a fresh account or Live instance (without former persistence).
- QA:Testcase_i18n_font_desktop: desktop login (language/kbd/desktop) and rendering
- QA:Testcase_i18n_font_application: rendering of text in applications
- QA:Testcase_i18n_input_application: input and printing in applications
- QA:Testcase_i18n_browsers: browser text rendering and printing
- QA:Testcase_i18n_ibus_input: input method testing
- QA:Testcase_i18n_input_method: ibus configuration
- QA:Testing for pa_IN: All tests are passed. But translation for im-chooser package is not up-to-date which I compared with submitted translation. (jsingh)
- QA:Testing for or_IN: All tests are passed except the known issue https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=531691.
Using your own test scenarios, or any of the test cases listed above, please outline problems/failures you encounter using the table below.
|Tester||Language||Desktop||Application Problems||Bug references|
|User:Petersen||all||gnome||gdm double-spacing language and keyboard dialogs||RHBZ #531423|
|User:Eunju||Korean (ko-KR)||gnome||ooffice :unable to switch to Korean input method|
|User:Rhe||Chinese 汉语（中国）||gnome||Fonts displayed too big on wiki websites in firefox||can't file fedora bugs in bugzilla. Unable to open the site.|
|User:Rhe||Chinese 汉语（中国）||gnome||'Downloads' folder's name in Home Folder isn't translated.||RHBZ #xxxx|
|User:Liam||Chinese 汉语（中国）||gnome||Abiword can not input any Chinese|
|User:czhang||Chinese 汉语（中国）||gnome||ibus can't make input frame follow the cursor(光标跟随) in qt applications|
|User:mnowak||Czech||gnome||yum.Errors.GroupsError, "No Group named %s exists" % grpid||RHBZ #531812|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Unwanted changes to desktop and application titles when default font size changed (bug filed earlier)||RHBZ #523454|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||No information available about default font used on desktop through GUI for any locale (bug filed earlier)||RHBZ #530285|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Some of the options on gedit toolbar has only icons and no text||Sent mail to fedora-desktop-list (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2009-October/msg00302.html)|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Applying Backspace to a chillu conjunct followed by punctuation/SPACE results in deletion of the chillu also (bug filed earlier)||RHBZ #527740|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Rendering of cons+virama+ra is wrong in oowriter (bug filed earlier)||RHBZ #529905|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Rendering of cons+virama+ra is wrong in KDE (bug filed earlier)||RHBZ #528303|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Firefox malayalam version used in Fedora rawhide has a spelling mistake for the "Mozilla Firefox" appearing on the title bar||RHBZ #531747|
|User:anipeter||Malayalam (ml_IN)||gnome||Malayalam font appears small in the anaconda installer for rawhide-20091028||RHBZ #531742|
|User:filiperosset||Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR)||gnome||In portuguese we don't have acent in the c, the correct is ç (C + cedilla)||RHBZ #505100|
|Tester||Language||Desktop||Application Problems||Bug reference(s)|
Provide a list of tests or scenarios that behaved flawlessly.
|User:Rhe||Chinese||gnome||gedit, terminal, Empathy IM Client|
|User:Eunju||Korean (ko-KR)||gnome||gedit, firefox, chat (MSN), ibus: Input Korean and numbers, switching input method between English to Korean, ibus input, printing|
|User:Dramsey||Japanese||gnome||firefox, gnote, gnome-terminal, and vi|
|User:mnowak||Czech||gnome||totem, rhythmbox, firefox, evolution, g-terminal|