|Line 155:||Line 155:|
| x86_64 F16 VM on x86_64 F15 host
| x86_64 F16 VM on x86_64 F15 host
Revision as of 21:37, 13 October 2011
|Fedora Test Days|
|Fedora Packager for Eclipse 0.2|
|Website||Fedora Packager for Eclipse|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Fedora Packager for Eclipse
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Andrew Robinson (arobinso), Andrew Overholt (overholt), Alexander Kurtakov (akurtakov)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- An updated Fedora 16 pre-release (physical machine or virtual machine), or a nightly live image
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
- Some test cases require that you are a sponsored Fedora packager (i.e. you maintain some Fedora packages). If you are not sponsored yet, we still appreciate tests feedback for tests which do not require for you to be sponsored.
How to test?
- You will either need a physical machine or a virtual machine running a pre-release of Fedora 16
- Make sure that your system is up-to-date. You can update your system using the update manager.
- In particular, you should have the following packages installed:
Update your machine/VM to Fedora 16
If you are already running Fedora 16 on your physical machine or in a VM make sure to update your system to the latest packages using the update manager. If you don't have the pre-release of Fedora 16 yet, install Fedora 16 Beta and then update to the latest packages. You may also use the live image for our tests (see below)
Please perform as many of the test cases listed as you have the time and the resources to complete, and fill out your results in the table below. You do not need a Fedora account to fill in the table.
As well as running the formal test cases, you can help simply by using Fedora's Eclipse Indigo stack, including Fedora Packager for Eclipse 0.2 and report any problems you come across in the course of your typical use, even if they do not match up with any of the test cases. If unsure if something is a bug feel free to ask in #fedora-test-day.
If you have problems with any of the tests, try and report a bug. Fedora Packager for Eclipse bugs should be reported to Fedora Packager for Eclipse Trac. You will need a FAS account to report bugs for Fedora Packager for Eclipse. Creating one is easy, and we will help you do this if you ask in IRC.
If you are not sure of the appropriate component, please check in IRC before filing, there are many possibilities. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.
Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to describe your result, following the examples in the Sample user row.
|User||Smolt Profile||Upgrade||SSH setup||Cloning||Upload sources||Fedora RPM project||Prep||Local build||Mock builds||Koji builds||Koji SRPM scratch||SRPM import||Debug logging||Bodhi update||References|
|Andrew Overholt||x86_64 F16 VM on x86_64 F15 host|
|Sami Wagiaalla||x86_64 F16 VM on x86_64 F15 host|