|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Revision as of 19:01, 10 November 2014
|Fedora 21 Server Test Day|
|Date||November 7th, 2014|
What to test?
Today will be focusing on the major Server features: Rolekit, FreeIPA (the 'Domain Controller role'), Cockpit, and OpenLMI. We will be also testing for basic functionality. Please submit your findings to the table below.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh)
- Quality Assurance - Dan Mossor (danofsatx)
- General Help - Simo Sorce (simo)
- Test Day Organizer and Tester - John Unland (junland)
Requirements for testing
- A disposable test system (hardware or a virtual machine) with Fedora 21 Server (see below for image downloads)
- IRC Client (optional)
- Enable the Fedora Server Test Day COPR containing updated packages that haven't yet been pushed to the updates-testing repository.
Getting the test image
We are using the Fedora 21 Final TC1 images as the reference testing images. You can find them here:
How to test?
- Download the image for your architecture
- Verify the download using the CHECKSUM file in the download directory
- Install the image to your test system (refer to the Installation Guide for installation instructions)
- Run the test cases linked in the result table below
- File bug reports for any bugs you encounter
- Add your results to the table
What to test?
For this Test Day, we will be running the test cases found in the following categories:
- Base Test Cases
- Rolekit Test Case
- FreeIPA Test Cases
- Realmd Test Cases
- Docker Base Setup Test Case
- Cockpit Test Cases (TC's Derived from Cockpit's Test Day)
If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||Base Test Cases||Rolekit Test Case||FreeIPA Test Cases||Realmd Test Cases||Docker Base Setup||Cockpit Test Cases||References|