Beth Lynn Eicher is a professional Linux System Administrator since 1999.
Activities within Fedora
I joined at the South East LinuxFest 2010 at the Friday Fedora Activity day. Right now I am focusing on wiki gardening. I am interested in working on documentation guides in need of adoption. Also, if you want an experienced sysadmin to read your guide, please let me know.
Currently I am reviewing the rpm guide and surfing the bugzilla in search of packages in need of manpages.
I am attracted to this bug which involves the need for iso burning docs for Windows users. To that end, I am in search of any other guides or Fedora branded websites which discuss burning isos with free software from Windows.
As women, it is important to stand up, be heard, and be counted as part of the greater community.
I am Fedora
Read my blog post where I declare "I am Fedora."
What I do:
- I am not a programmer. I enjoy helping people get started with Linux wherever I can.
- My day job is "Senior Systems Engineer" at a government research facility supporting Linux-based high performance resources.
My contributions are focused on one of these efforts:
1. The Ohio LinuxFest, a community conference for all, ohiolinux.org
3. Western PA Linux User Group, my home LUG, wplug.org
4. Visionary behind a Linux system adoption service freelinuxbox.org
What I am using now:
I run many flavors of Linux including: Fedora 12 & 13 and Ubuntu 10.04 UNR on the desktop. On server platforms I use RHEL, CentOS, and SUSE. My home is an constant installfest.
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal) or email@example.com (Ohio LinuxFest)
Unfortunately I rarely can access the Internet during US-Eastern business hours. With that said, I have been known to appear in the following channels on freenode.net... fedora-docs, lopsa, and wplug
The Ohio LinuxFest has the #ohiolinux on the irc.oftc.net network.
Last update June 15, 2010. --Bethlynn 11:37, 15 June 2010 (UTC)