Hello, my name is Bert Desmet. I am now 21years old, and I'm still going to school. I live in Belgium, Kruishoutem, near Ghent. I follow lessons at the Kaho Sint-Lievens high school. Currently I'm doing second bachelor Electronics-IT. My hobbies are: listening to music (rock and electro), going to some parties, having fun with my friends. And I like programming (Java, C#, C++, C and a bit python) and scripting (PHP). I am always in for new technologies (maybe that is why I like fedora that much?).
About 8 years ago I started with Linux, when my older cousin installed Debian on an old pc. I was 13 or 14 years old, and had never heard of Linux before, but I liked it like euh, immediately. It was running with Gnome, and I still like Gnome more than KDE, but that's something personal. when Fedora core 2 was released, I switched to Fedora, and stayed with Fedora. But I have also tested other distro's like Ubuntu, Mandriva, Slackware, ..., ...
- Email: bert AT devnox DOT be
- Language: Dutch, English and a little bit French
- Location: Kruishoutem, Belgium
- Website: blog
- IRC: biertie @ freenode: fedora, fedora-ambassadors, fedora-docs, fedora-devel, fedora-meeting, fedora-social, fedora-unity
- GPG key: 0x228a0ba4427147bd
- Fedora Account: biertie
Activities within Fedora
- summer coding 2009
- I've been promoting Linux and Fedora to other people since 2004.
- beta testing Fedora since fedora 8
- Developer on SMOLT
- Spins Wrangler
FUDCon Toronto 2009
- I would do 2 tech talks:
- how to start with fedora
- How to Add and Remove Software in Fedora
- Getting Started in the Fedora Community
- git for developers
- Documenting: Livetranscribing sessions I'm present in; also willing to sort/clean-up wiki notes afterwards.