Hi, I am R Dhushyanth. I am a second year undergraduate student in IT-BHU(Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University) pursuing my B.Tech in Electronics Engineering. I am fairly new to Fedora, but fedora has caught my eye and if you have come this far it has certainly impressed you too. That makes us related in a way. So let's go out and let the world know that fedora is live and kicking
- Email: mailto:email@example.com
- IRC: Your freenode IRC name and channels you hang out (eg. #fedora-docs, etc.)
- GPG key: Your key ID and/or signature
- Fedora Account: dushyanth on the Fedora Account System
Activities within Fedora
Well, like many of us, I am a newbie. What I lack in knowledge I make up for it in enthusiasm. Being a somewhat lone user of Fedora in my university, I have great dreams of taking Fedora to the students and making it popular. Some of the ideas which I have are:
- Starting a blog "fedora exploratory". Where I plan to daily update a blog on what I have learned today in fedora. This I think will help get the spirits up and running of those hesitant to switch over.
- Putting up a "Migrating from windows to fedora-a logical choice" tutorial tailored specifically for college students who usually operate from behind proxy servers and find configuring network and such stuff a big turn-off. This will help students who don't know anything about linux to make a switch to Fedora.
- Have simple talk sessions in my institute especially for freshers.
- Have discussions and get the input from users of what problems they face in Fedora and what improvements they'd like to see in future and bring these requests to the attention of developers