Let the Fedora community pay bills for you! The process below is here to make it simpler to get paid / reimbursed for Fedora related expenses*.
What can be reimbursed/paid for?
Assuming that the expense has been approved, things that can be paid are:
- Purchasing materials needed for Fedora from trusted online sellers
- Reimbursing Fedora expenses
- Vendors for swag, media, etc.
- Sponsorship of booths/events
- Paying for hotel accomodations
- Paying for travel tickets (air, train, etc.)
What CANNOT be reimbursed
Expenses for specific events are not covered. These events are:
- Fedora Activity Day
- Any other event in which Fedora / Red Hat tells us is under a different budget.
Approval of expenses
There are several parts of Fedora that can approve and reimburse expenses:
- All requests should be documented clearly for transparency
- Each request must be submitted prior to any event or activity where reimbursement/payment may be expected
- Approval is based upon estimates. Payment amounts may differ from the approved amount
- The recommended way is to file tickets is via the appropriate Trac ticket tracker
Where the request goes is based upon the requested amount:
- $0-499 USD
- The request requires approval from at least one of the following groups:
- The application must be submitted to a FAmSCo member, CC Holder or approved person (hereafter named 'approver').
- If the actual amount is greater than the estimate by more than $100 USD, the approver will use their best judgment to either reimburse the overage, or ask for a review from the appropriate regional community (APAC, EMEA, LATAM, or NA).
- $500-1999 USD
- The request requires approval from the appropriate regional community (APAC, EMEA, LATAM, or NA)
- It is strongly recommended that the committee which approves these funds be made up of at least five (5) individuals
- $2000+ USD requires approval from the following group: