This is to verify that Anaconda and Gnome Initial Setup (or Firstboot) behave correctly when the user creates a mountpoint inside the future $HOME directory.
- Burn the
Live.isoimage to an optical disk, unless testing on a VM.
How to test
- Boot the system from the prepared optical media.
- In the boot menu select the appropriate option to boot the installer.
- Run the installer, select custom partitioning, create a default layout plus an additional partition with mountpoint /home/$username/data where $username is the name of the future username
- Continue the installation, create a user called $username
- The user can login with the newly created account
- $HOME is owned by the user
- /etc/skel files are correctly copied into $HOME
- /etc/skel files have correct permissions
- $HOME/data is owned by the user, but the permissions of the files inside $HOME/data remain unchanged