We want to have products be able to specify divergent and conflicting behaviour.
(at least sgallagh and abadger1999 :-)
- install time -- we want the product you're installing to determine which configuration you get.
- installing a package on an existing system -- if it has separate config, we'd like the package manager to choose the configuration for the product you're using.
- Product conversion/union: Installed Cloud or Server but want a graphical environment. Preference is to make that be Workstation. (We want it to be as close to Workstation as possible, to benefit from existing testing)
- recommendation implementation: the defaults should not change for anything that was part of the installed Product, but new packages should get the Workstation default
- If we have a union Product (e.g. Server+Workstation), a nice-to-have would be a single tool to adjust all configs for one or the other.