The idea was proposed by Jorge Simon:
Then some main reasons were listed by Christoph Wickert:
- We should share the workload.
- We should not have a single point of failure.
- The mentors do all the work of the sponsoring process, in return they should be rewarded with more recognition and responsibility.
- Sponsoring somebody and closing his ticket is just a few clicks. No big deal for a mentor, but it can become a lot of work for a single person.
- As the mentors are filing the tickets, they should also close them.
- The process would be consistent with all the other groups where sponsors == mentors.
- Give the Mentors to sponsor their own candidates.
- The owner of last step (Approval) of the current Ambassador Candidate Ticket Management process should be changed to Mentor who opened the ticket at the beginning.
What Mentor Do
- Mentor will set the Ticket Milestone to "SPONSORED" and Ticket Status to "Resolve as Fixed"
- Mentor do "Approve" to officially sponsor the candidate in Ambassadors FAS group.
- Mentor send Welcome message to candidate
- (the other approach is keeping FAmA the right to send Welcoming messages)