[ARM] Fedora15 HardFP Bootstrap Virtual FAD - 2011/07/01
We wish to accelerate the bringup of Fedora 15 on ARMv7 systems running with hardware floating point (hardfp). To that end, we are running regular bootstrap days, during which we will meet in a virtual capacity (on IRC) to build up through cross-compilation (and other means) the core packages required for Fedora 15 to become self-hosting on ARMv7 with hardware floating point.
When and Where
IRC: #fedora-arm on irc.freenode.net
Phone: No phone this time :)
- Recap from the June 22nd Fedora Activity Day
- Approach to today's activities is to continue with the instructions in Architectures/ARM/Fedora15 HardFP Bootstrap (make sure you do your work on a armv7hl-YOUR_FAS_USERNAME or a group named branch so that we can track who is doing what and back out changes if we discover a problem with your setup later, etc.)
- Summary of events and plan for next VFAD
- Plan is for the next event to be in a regular Friday slot (perhaps Friday afternoons?)
- Internet connection to log into IRC, and phone if possible (phone not essential)
- A supported ARMv7 target board
- Lots of coffee
- A pre-requisite is a working ARMv7-compatible supported target board, such as a BeagleBoard or a PandaBoard.
- You can find out more from the main Fedora ARM pages about obtaining a pre-built rootfs (no installer yet)
- We now have some Fedora ARM kernel packages for OMAP-based boards
- Follow the instructions for setting up a chroot using the Architectures/ARM/Fedora15 HardFP Bootstrap armv7hl rootfs in the Fedora ARM git repository (make sure you do your work on a armv7hl-YOUR_FAS_USERNAME or a group named branch so that we can track who is doing what and back out changes if we discover a problem with your setup later, etc.)