Berlin, Germany :: June 26 - 28, 2009
For questions, please contact the primary owner of the event, Max Spevack.
FUDCon Berlin 2009 is being held in conjunction with LinuxTag 2009.
- Wednesday June 24 to Saturday June 27 -- LinuxTag.
- Friday June 26 to Sunday June 28 -- FUDCon.
BarCamp and Hackfests
updated infos whats going on at the Hackfest
|Fedora in Electronic Engineering||Learn how different sub Fedora projects such as ambassadors, design, KDE, ... are helping to the success of FEL||Chitlesh Goorah|
|Fedora in Education||Fedora, OLPC, Sugar - their relationship and Fedora-based products like Sugar on a Stick, GoDaddy Promo Codes as well as how we can improve those.||Sebastian Dziallas|
|Designing Fedora Community||Case-study talk about the UI design process for the Fedora Community project. If you'd like to learn more about Fedora Community and/or would like to learn more about the user interface design process, this is a good talk for you!||Máirín Duffy|
|Fedora Automated QA||Using automated quality assurance to better the Fedora project||Jesse Keating|
|Fedora and AMQP Messaging||Using a unified message bus to communicate between systems and applications within the Fedora Infrastructure||Jesse Keating|
|The Future of the Fedora Development Cycle||Adjusting the development cycle to better match how maintainers use Fedora||Jesse Keating|
|Git for Hackers||How to do more advanced things with Git, and what are SOP for Fedora||Yaakov M. Nemoy|
|Fedora Devshell||Find out how to rapidly build, test and deploy Fedora packages with easy convenience||Yaakov M. Nemoy|
|EKG||Find out how we can monitor communities for growth||Yaakov M. Nemoy|
|Bacula||Contributing to the future development of Bacula, the open source backup and recovery package: creating plugins for the FD, Bacula's client, to do live backups of databases.||Arno Lehmann and Eric Bollengier|
|Fedora Ambassadors||A model for marketing - Open Source style||Bert Desmet|
|Control Groups||Resource management (cpu, memory, devices, network bandwidth, ...) of processes using Control Groups. Or, if you like, how to put a process into a freezer.||Jan Safranek|
|SCAP||Using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) for managing the security of systems, such as automatically verifying the installation of patches, checking system security configuration settings, and examining systems for signs of compromise.||Peter Vrabec|
|Zedora||Porting Fedora to IBM System z (the mainframe). Learn what's it like to port Fedora to such an exotic platform, take a look at a live demo and see what Linux on s390 looks like.||Hans Picht Steffen Maier|
|File:Traylen-FudCon09.pdf||Using Fedora's build tools and package guidelines at CERN for software deployment to monitor the LHC grid.||Steve Traylen|
|uHTML||New interface concept between web designing and web programming.||Roland Mosler|
|Session Name||Session Leader||General Plan|
|Wireless Summit||John W. Linville||Mini-summit with community wireless developers|
|Transifex||Dimitris Glezos||Developer sprint: Translators and developers get together, report their wishlists for Tx and quickly develop as many of them as possible.|
|RPM Fusion||Thorsten Leemhuis||Discuss ideas how to make RPM Fusion better and start to realize them|
|Statistics||Fabian Affolter||Make some progress with metric and statistics for Fedora. Search for new approaches, ideas, and workflows.|
|Shomyu||Mathieu Bridon||See what would be needed if we want to use it in Fedora (for Ambassadors ? other groups ?), how to integrate it with FAS,...|
|Design Clinic||Máirín Duffy||Are you working on a project and would like a quick sanity-check from a designer? Perhaps you've been told your application is confusing, but you're not sure how to fix it? Maybe you'd like some advice on the layout of your UI, or you're not sure which icon to use for something? Got a CSS bug that's been bugging you? Bring your troubles to this design clinic and we'll try to help you out in an open and supportive environment.|
|Automated Bug Reporting Tool||Zdenek Prikryl and Radek Vokal||How to improve a user experience in Fedora but also help gather data about crashes which happens on the system.|
|Windows cross-compiler||Richard Jones||New in Fedora 11, the Windows cross-compiler lets you compile, test and deploy software for Windows, without needing to use Windows at all. Do you have a library or program that you want to compile for Windows? Do you want to learn more about writing cross-platform software? Did you try to compile something using the cross-compiler and get stuck? Let me help you and answer your questions.|
|libguestfs / guestfish||Richard Jones||New in Fedora 11, libguestfs lets you make changes to virtual machines 'offline', from scripts or programs. We are collecting guestfish recipes here. Do you want to help write some recipes? Would you like help using libguestfs for your program / VM hosting application? Let me help you at the libguestfs hackfest.|
|Sugar on a Stick||Bert Desmet||Developer sprint: fix as much bugs as is possible.|
|Scripting||Chitlesh Goorah||Some simple projects will be exposed. Each of 40 minutes length. During that time, the audience will use simple (Perl, bash, Tcl) scripting skills to solve the problems.|
|Fedora Devshell||Yaakov M. Nemoy||Come scratch your itches and see if you can get Devshell to handle your workflow better and faster.|
|EKG||Yaakov M. Nemoy||Come tweak EKG to work on your community|
|EMEA Event Box||Yaakov M. Nemoy||NA already has several, come help us with ideas for one for EMEA. The box should be ready in time for HAR2009|
|Bacula packaging for Fedora||Arno Lehmann and Eric Bollengier||Discuss how Bacula is packaged for Fedora Core. We will start with the existing .spec files plus the ideas Bacula Systems SA has and see if we can agree on a way of packaging so that the Fedora Core packages and what Bacula Systems provides are drop-in replacements of each other.|
|Session Name||Session Leader||General Plan|
FUDCon is located at Messe am Funkturm, Berlin, Germany.
Tuesday, June 23 - Thursday, June 25
Fedora will be at LinuxTag2009, which is at the same location as FUDCon. If you want to come early and attend some of LinuxTag, please see the LinuxTag 2009 page, which includes a more detailed schedule for those days.
Most FUDCon attendees will want to arrive on Thursday at the latest, since FUDCon starts on Friday morning.
Friday 26 June
- Normal day of LinuxTag.
- Day 1 of FUDCon Berlin 2009, starting precisely at 10:00 AM.
- Scheduled talks, as part of FUDCon.
- Fedora Social Event at En Passant at Savignyplatz
Saturday 27 June
- Final day of LinuxTag.
- Booth tear-down and cleanup after the exhibition hall closes.
- Day 2 of FUDCon Berlin 2009, starting precisely at 10:00 AM.
- Scheduled talks, as part of FUDCon.
- Bacula community social event at AndaLucia, Savignyplatz 2, Berlin starting at 20:00. Sponsored drinks!
Sunday 28 June
- Day 3 of FUDCon Berlin 2009, starting precisely at 10:00 AM.
For more FUDCon Toronto 2011 Reference:
- Looking for the Sunday schedule? See FUDCon:Toronto 2011 Sunday schedule.
- Looking for the BarCamp schedule?|See FUDCon:Toronto 2011 BarCamp Schedule.
- Live streaming!|OGG streams of rooms 1 and 2 at FUDCon: Room 1 Room 2
- For more FUDCon Torronto Blogs: warcraft gold, gamer king, ffxi factory, plat supply, wow gold cap, dcuo cash, rift gold, wow items, game updates, wow how to make gold, and world of warcraft gold reviews.
FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developer's Conference, an opportunity for all who contribute to or use Fedora to meet, learn, plan, and hack. This event is free and is open to everyone. To learn about what a FUDCon is like, you can view a video from the last North American FUDCon.
Information for attendees
- A lot of low cost airlines (like easyJet, RyanAir, AirBerlin, etc.) are flying towards Berlin.
- Airports: Berlin-Tegel, Berlin-Schönefeld
- Details (location, terminal layout, etc.) about this airports : http://www.berlin-airport.de
- It might be worth noting that the free shuttle service our hotel offers is only valid for people landing at Berlin-Tegel.
- Berlin is well connected with the German (international) train system. Most train stations are furthermore stations for the subways and/or S-Bahn.
- Central Bus Station (Zentraler Omnibusbahnhof) is located at Messedamm 8, 14057 Berlin-Charlottenburg
- Student Agency : From various cities to Berlin
- Berlin Linienbus : 350 destinations around Europe
- All highways lead in the 'highway circle' around Berlin ('Berliner Ring', A 10).
- You can always try to find a ride or share a ride interactive intelligence.
Check out the Survival Kit for detail about public transportation.
Beyond the Walls (Social Media, etc.)
For reaching our brothers and sisters beyond the event.
All on irc.freenode.net. köp reductil online
- #fudcon - general channel
- #fudcon-de - German-language chat
Use #FUDCon (or #fudcon) as a hashtag in any tweets you send about the event. |-*Köp Viagra online