Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference
- The Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference (CPOSC) is a small, low-cost, one-day conference about all things Open Source. It will be held on Sunday, October 19, 2008 in Harrisburg, PA. For more information, click here.
Fedora's purposes for attending this show, in order of importance:
- The event is limited to 100 people maximum, so the atmosphere should be more conducive to personal interaction
- It's a great opportunity for a more personalized Fedora event
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
- Flight: MDT, Middeltown, or Harrisburg International Airport
- Hotel: Please fill me in
- Getting around: Please fill me in
- Sunday, October 19, 2008
- Doors open at 8am for Registration and the event should be finished around 6pm
- Setup/booth duty schedule below
The event is mainly presentations, and isn't so focused on a booth presence.
- Fedora Sponsor Table
- Mainly LiveCDs and Install Media, plus a USB Filling station.
- Would be nice to have an XO running Fedora. Any volunteers?
Swag will be sent to YaakovNemoy in Pittsburgh, and hopefully it won't be too much/heavy to fly/drive to Harrisburg with.
List of things to be provided
- Some stuff
- More stuff
- Maybe less stuff too...
Organisations and people we want to sit down with and have a focused conversation with
- fill me in
(T) indicates a Traveller to the event; (L) indicates a Local.
- YaakovNemoy (T) (Coordinator)
- KarlieRobinson (T)
- Bpowell01 (T)
- Silfreed (L) (Speaker for Mozdev, Fedora Contributor)
Booth Schedule and Setup
Yaakov will spend most of the time at the booth, and since there will be most people in one presentation or another, there won't be much necessary booth time.
- Booth Stuff (ie, talking about Fedora, and doing the usual marketing thing)
- Finding Booth Babes to join us.
- Put together expense list, booth costs, entrance fees for attendees, travel costs
- Put in application for a budget from Fedora Budget
- Gather information about planned materials present
- Market the presentations we're going to give
- Figure out if we need a hotel for the night before, for any travelers
There is 700 USD available for the event
- Sponsorship - 100 USD
- Fedora is offering 100 USD as a donation to sponsor the event.
- Travel -
- Unless I find a ride, I'm taking the bus - 76 USD
- Requires a stay over (hotel) - ?? USD
- Anyone else?