The Fedora for Power team is ready to take the cat out of the bag for the beta release of Fedora 19, "Schrödinger's Cat", which is available at your closest mirror:
What is the Beta release?
The Beta release is the last important milestone before the release of Fedora 19. Only critical bug fixes will be pushed as updates, leading up to the general release of Fedora 19. Join us in making Fedora 19 a solid release by downloading, testing, and providing your valuable feedback.
Of course, this is a beta release, meaning that some problems may still be lurking. Fedora for Power shares all of the bugs on the Common F19 bugs page, seen here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F19_bugs
Fedora 19 Beta's default configuration allows applications and users with administrative privileges to install signed packages from the official Fedora repositories (but no other packages) without authentication or confirmation. This was inherited from PackageKit upstream, is not Fedora's intended behavior, and will not be the case for the Fedora 19 final release. More details on this issue and the planned behavior for the final release can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1115 .
- Fedora for Power shares all of Fedora 19's features described in the F19_Beta_release_announcement.
- Additionally, Fedora 19 for Power has now enabled the llvmpipe software renderer, resulting in dramatically improved graphics performance (including Gnome3 within VNC)
- Firefox may crash the first time you start it. Subsequent launches will work without crashing.
- When running Gnome3 under VNC, you may see an all-grey screen after answering the initial setup questions. Press the Escape key to go to the desktop.
- Graphical kickstart installations may fail when the same text-mode installation works. See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=966761
- Installation to Software RAID sets may fail if you allow anaconda to automatically partition your disks, then manually change partition types. See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=965865 and https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=966795
- If you unselect a multipath disk, it will disappear. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=955664
- The system may hang on reboot when an ipr disk (non-virtualized) is present. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=954252
More information on Fedora for Power can be found at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Arch:PPC. To get involved in testing and development of Fedora for Power, join us on IRC in #fedora-ppc on Freenode.