Feature: D Programming
Update D environment:
- ldc compiler to latest stable compiler
- build against llvm 3.4
- update standard library to dmd front-end 2.064 or 2.065 if come out at time
- update gtkd package to support gtk3
- update derelict package to version 3
- add DSQLITE package for use sqlite in D
- add gl3n package for OpenGL Maths for D
- add glamour package an OpenGL wrapper for the D programming language.
- Targeted release: Fedora 21
- Last updated: 2014-05-20
- Percentage of completion: 30%
Looking reviewer to completed this feature, thanks
Since Fedora 14 step by step enhance environment for D developer. With Fedora 21 we provides more tools for D user. In more each package will provides tag for geany.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will take some benefit to increase its community of developers with the inclusion of this feature. And an easy way for people who want to try this language. Fedora could to become a good choice for everyone who use D or want learn D programming. In more with this feature they are several tool for making games or 3D application. Create a GUI through GTKD is very attractive.
How To Test
- Ensure that unnitest works
- Collect feedback from volunteers regarding their experience with D programming
None necessary. We should fix existing packages in order to help the Community. We should also monitor upstream development process for potentially discovered issues and pro-actively apply patches.
The D programming language is available in Fedora 21. D is a modern language with high performance near C/C++ with a simple syntax. C/C++ and Java developers can easily migrate to D.