Record Computer Screen
Give users a built-in application to easily record their computer screen.
- Name: Daniel Hendrycks
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://my.opera.com/DanielHendrycks/about/
I am not able to implement this feature because my C++ coding skills are weak, but I am learning it on the side of my school work. I need someone to volunteer to make this possible. If you would like to do this send me a message so I can say I have someone willing to implement this. Then this feature can be a possible option. I need you! :)
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last updated: November 30, 2009
Provide a built-in application that allows the user to record their computer screen. This application should come with some additional options; e.g. "Show mouse cursor", "Record active window", "Show window border" and a video record quality (resolution) selection. (This was inspired by the already available ability to take snapshots of your computer screen.)
Benefit to Fedora
This would give users a simple solution to recording their screen for whatever purpose they need.
What is proposed for creation:
- A build in screen recording application
- Options like what I said earlier in the "Detailed Description"
- Default file extension to be ".ogv" (what I would like, depends on implementer)
- Have an option in ABRT (automatic bug reporting tool) to record the screen to further explain the bug that will be submitted
How to Test
Not available because this feature has no implementation.
This will enhance user experience through simplicity and convenience.
If not completed in time continue implementation for Fedora 14.
Not available because there is no current implementation of this feature.