From Fedora Project Wiki
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: +558387079972
- Blog URL: http://www2.lsd.ufcg.edu.br/~heitor
- Freenode IRC Nick: heitormeira
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- I like the open source ideology and I admire in a particular way the role that Fedora has in this scenario and I think this a perfect opportunity to give my contribution too.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor (if possible please add some references as well)?
- I did not worked with Fedora before, in my extra class activities I’m extending Dokan (http://dokan-dev.net/en/) functionalities and I pretend to contribute with these extentions to the project.
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- No, I had not participate of any other editions of GSoC.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program, if yes, which team(s)/area(s), you are interested with?
- Yes, I’d love to continue contributing with the project I’m applying to, that is the GlusterFS, since it is an open source project and distribute file system is an area that I’m really interested.
Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
- In my extra class activities we use Dokan with a translator to Java and it gives me the experience necessary in C and binding translators to do it, adding this in my undergraduation we start studying programming languages with python. I love Open Source and distributed file system. I am also particularly excited and interested in work with GlusterFS we always try to have GlusterFS as a guide in the project I participate and I am ready to do what will be need to get everything done in time since I will be contributing to an important project.