Using the Fedora translation platform is easy, but what is the difference between it and other translation platforms?
Why should the Fedora community pay to host someone else project?
- We support any project sharing the same values as the Fedora Project
- To improve upstream i18n support
- It is a source of growth of our community
Why would a project use our infrastructure?
- Team management and review (--> quality of translation)
- Upstream contribution to improve localization features
- MUST include a translator section in their documentation explaining "How to contribute"
- MUST include a localization engagement badge in source code
- MUST credit translators in application and release notes
- MUST use named variables
- SHOULD prevent sentence splits
- SHOULD enable translation of man pages
- SHOULD enable translation of documentation