From Fedora Project Wiki
Fedora CommOps Team Meeting Minutes 2016-10-11
- 2016-10-11 16:30 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's CommOps Meeting will be led by jflory7.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
- #startmeeting Fedora CommOps (2016-10-11)
- #meetingname commops
- #nick commops
- #chair <given to approved members of FAS group at meeting>
- #topic Agenda
- #link https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:CommOps_2016-10-11
- #info (1) Roll Call / Q&A
- #info (2) Announcements
- #info (3) Action items from last meeting
- #info (4) Tickets
- #info (5) Community Blog
- #info (6) Release Schedule
- #info (7) Open Floor
- #topic Roll Call / Q&A
- #info Name; Timezone; Sub-projects/Interest Areas
- #action commops New members, make sure you introduce yourself on the CommOps mailing list [ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommOps/Join ]
- If this is your first time at a CommOps meeting, feel free to introduce yourself to everyone and say hello! If anyone has any questions before we get started with the rest of the agenda, now is also a good time to ask.
- #topic Announcements
- #info === "Announcing the Release of Fedora 25 Beta" ===
- #link https://fedoramagazine.org/announcing-release-fedora-25-beta/
- #info Fedora 25 is available for download and upgrading. To learn more about the technical changes in Fedora this release, read the announcement on the Fedora Magazine for more information. The targeted final release date (currently) is November 15.
- #info === "Outreachy with Fedora, Fall 2016" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/outreachy-fedora-fall-2016/
- #info We are in the final week of applications for the GNOME Outreachy program. Fedora has a few slots available for this upcoming cycle. More information about the program is available in the above blog post. Be sure to share it across your personal networks!
- #info === "AppData content ratings for games shipped in Fedora" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/appdata-content-ratings-shipped-fedora/
- #info GNOME Software developer Richard Hughes recently e-mailed the Fedora developers mailing requesting Fedora package maintainers to update their AppData files to include age ratings using OARS. More information is in the blog post.
- #info === Modularity WG on-boarding complete! ===
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/69
- #info Ticket #69, focusing on on-boarding for the Modularity WG, is complete. Thanks for the help on this one, everyone!
- #info === "Announcing the Release of Fedora 25 Beta" ===
- #topic Action items from last meeting
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/commops/commops.2016-10-04-16.30.html
- #info How This Works: We look at past #action items from the last meeting for quick follow-up. If a task is completed, we move on to the next one. If it isn't, we get an update and re-action it if needed. If no status, we'll try to get a quick update and move forward.
- #info === [COMPLETE] adityakonarde Create a first draft of a Fedora + Outreachy Fall 2016 post by Thursday evening, share link with the CommOps mailing list when ready for review ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] skamath Open a ticket in the Fedora Infrastructure Pagure repo proposing the idea of officially migrating all Fedora apps projects to Pagure and deprecating the use of GitHub ===
- #info === skamath Work with fedbadges#491 to write the badges rule file for giving a badge to people who file bugs in Bugzilla ===
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Add thoughts on Pagure for Etherpad data storage to ticket #83 ===
- #action jflory7 Add thoughts on Pagure for Etherpad data storage to ticket #83
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Look into possibilities of wiki template for hack session to help store the data afterwards ===
- #action jflory7 Look into possibilities of wiki template for hack session to help store the data afterwards
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 File ticket for looking into centralizing / making more clear what a member of Council or FESCo does, what their responsibilities are, and centralize the info in a wiki page or CommBlog article ===
- #action jflory7 File ticket for looking into centralizing / making more clear what a member of Council or FESCo does, what their responsibilities are, and centralize the info in a wiki page or CommBlog article
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Begin drafting a Community Blog post for Fedora Appreciation Day ===
- #action jflory7 Begin drafting a Community Blog post for Fedora Appreciation Day
- #info === [COMPLETE] FranciscoD Look into creating a .thank command for zodbot that thanks a specified contributor for doing awesome work ===
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 Close ticket #81 about Pagure migration ===
- #info === [INCOMPLETE] jflory7 Post to the mailing list about selecting a new sub-project to work with on the on-boarding process ===
- #action jflory7 Post to the mailing list about selecting a new sub-project to work with on the on-boarding process
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issues?tags=meeting
- #info === Ticket #92 ===
- #info "Start a yearly Fedora Appreciation Day"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/92
- #info CommBlog post still to be written. Looking at comments in ticket, bexelbie's approach as a soft-launch seems to make the most sense (i.e. encouraging contributors to thank one another on this day).
- #info === Ticket #44 ===
- #info " Talking Points: EDU"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/44
- #info Older ticket, but hasn't been visited in a while. Similar to Fedora release talking points, EDU-related talking points would be bullets or key points about why contributing to open source and Fedora as a student, faculty member, or or staff member is worthwhile. This covers a variety of different angles.
- #info === Ticket #34 ===
- #info "[Onboarding Series] [MASTER TICKET] Creating sub-project on-boarding badge series"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/34
- #topic Community Blog
- #info How This Works: There is a quick blast of information about what was published in the past week with some metrics, followed by posts that are being drafted. After the information blast, the floor is opened for any Community Blog-related discussion. Here we go!
- #info Stats seem to be inaccessible right now, but still working on finding a resolution…
- #info === This Week in CommBlog ===
- #info (1) "FOSS Wave: Goa, India" by sumantrom
- #info (2) "FOSS Wave: Bangalore at UVCE" by prakashmishra1598
- #info (3) "Outreachy with Fedora, Fall 2016" by adityakonarde
- #info === Coming Up in CommBlog ===
- #info (1) "Migration From Trac"
- #info (2) "FUDCon Latam event is comming next week!"
- #info (3) "Fedora 25 Wallpapers - Vote Now!"
- #info (4) "Inkscape: Getting started 0"
- #info (5) "Inkscape: Design your imagination"
- #topic Release Schedule
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-25/f-25-key-tasks.html
- #info (1) Final Freeze (Tue 2016-11-01, 00:00 UTC)
- #info (2) Final Release Public Availability (Tue 2016-11-15)
- #info (3) Fedora 23 EOL auto closure (Tue 2016-12-13)
- #topic Open Floor
Meeting summary and action items
Full meeting log
- 2016-10-18 16:30 UTC in #fedora-meeting