Fedora Marketing Team Meeting Minutes 2016-10-18
- 2016-10-18 13:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
This week's Marketing Meeting will be led by ???.
- The participants will be posted after the meeting.
- To help improve the flow of the meeting, using the IRC Meeting Protocol is encouraged, as modeled by the EMEA Ambassadors.
- Please follow the Meeting Protocol where possible.
MEETING POSTPONED DUE TO UNAVAILABILITY OF MEMBERS
- #startmeeting Fedora Marketing meeting (2016-10-18)
- #meetingname marketing
- #chair < based on attendance >
- #topic Agenda
- #topic Roll Call
- #info Name; Timezone; Other sub-projects / interest areas
- #topic Announcements
- #info === FUDCon LATAM ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-latam-2016-starts-today/
- #info FUDCon LATAM ended last week. Fedora contributors from all around the globe flocked to Puno, Perú for speaker talks, workshops, and collaboration to advance Fedora and its Four Foundations. You can read more in the Community Blog post, and there should be event reports popping up soon.
- #info === "Fedora 25 Supplementary Wallpapers: Vote now!" ===
- #link https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-25-wallpapers-vote-now/
- #info Fedora 25 supplementary wallpaper elections are open! If you are CLA+1 in the Fedora Account System, you can participate in the election and vote for your favorite wallpapers to be included in the upcoming Fedora 25 release.
- #info === In the news: "Fedora 25 Beta Resets the Linux Performance Bar" ===
- #link http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/83997.html
- #info LinuxInsider covers some of the latest features and changes in the Fedora 25 Beta, and includes comments and a brief interview from mattdm. This article highlights many of the talking points generated in the past few weeks. It's clear they're making it easy for everyone to talk about what's new in Fedora 25!
- #info === In the news: "Fedora 25 Beta Released, Ships with GNOME 3.22 Desktop and Linux Kernel 4.8.1" ===
- #link http://news.softpedia.com/news/fedora-25-beta-released-ships-with-gnome-3-22-desktop-and-linux-kernel-4-8-1-509176.shtml
- #info Short and sweet coverage by Softpedia on the new features in Fedora 25 Beta. Quick coverage about major highlights and links for readers to try out the beta.
- #info === FUDCon LATAM ===
- #topic Action items from last meetings
- #link https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/marketing/marketing.2016-10-11-13.01.html
- #info How This Works: We look at past #action items from the last meeting for quick follow-up. If a task is completed, we move on to the next one. If it isn't, we get an update and re-action it if needed. If no status, we'll try to get a quick update and move forward.
- #info === [COMPLETE] jflory7 mark #231 as complete ===
- #info === mailga to send out emails to potentially inactive members by the end of this week ===
- Note: This topic is also part of a ticket to be covered in today's meeting.
- #info === [COMPLETE] x3mboy will check to see who will handle issue #237 (Magazine or Marketing) ===
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/237
- #info Bookmark review process is a marketing task over the Magazine – ticket is closed
- #info === [IN PROGRESS] bkp will see if the Desktop group is gathering screenshots we can use for marketing purposes ===
- #action bkp will see if the Desktop group is gathering screenshots we can use for marketing purposes
- #info === [IN PROGRESS] marketing_team Release Activities page needs to be updated https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_activities ===
- #topic Tickets
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issues?tags=meeting
- #info === Ticket #235 ===
- #info "Marketing group list FAS cleaning"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/235
- #info mailga: Any further updates to this ticket?
- #info === Ticket #241 ===
- #info "Fedora Magazine feed fails to validate"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/241
- #info This is a technical issue with an unknown cause. Thought this was resolved, but is still an issue. Either stickster, ryanlerch, or puiterwijk may know more with regards to this ticket and what's happening with the RSS feed for the Fedora Magazine.
- #info === Ticket #242 ===
- #info "Update release activity steps / process on the wiki"
- #link https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issue/242
- #info A ticket filed from an action item last week. Purpose is to add more information about repeating activities that the Marketing team helps complete every release cycle. Section should be expanded to be more comprehensive, both for experienced contributors and newcomers getting involved with Marketing.
- #topic Upcoming Tasks
- #link https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-25/f-25-marketing-tasks.html
- #info (1) Update and freeze the screenshots page (start: Tue 2016-10-18; end: Tue 2016-10-25)
- #info (2) Email WGs to solicit bullet points for GA release announcement (Mon 2016-10-24)
- #info (3) Marketing: Final Screen Shots (start: Tue 2016-10-25; end: Tue 2016-11-01)
- #info (4) Brief news distribution network (start: Tue 2016-10-25; end: Tue 2016-11-01)
- #info (5) Monitor news sites to provide corrections & info (Tue 2016-10-25)
- #info (6) Create GA Announcement (Docs & Marketing) (Tue 2016-11-01)
- #topic Open Floor