From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from QA:Testcase ABRT SOSreport plugin)
This test case checks whether sosreport cooperates with ABRT correctly.
How to test
- Ensure the
sospackage is installed with the command
su -c 'yum install sos'
sosreportis disabled by default, enable it by editing the config file
/etc/abrt/abrt_event.conf, and commenting out line
sosreport, so you have
- nice sosreport --tmp-dir "$DUMP_DIR" --batch \
- Restart the abrtd service:
su -c 'systemctl restart abrtd.service'
- Crash a running application, with the command
pkill -SIGSEGV (appname)
- Wait for a crash notification to appear: it might take some time (~20 s) before the icon appears, as it waits for sosreport to finish
- Verify that the file
sosreport.tar.xzexists in directory
/var/spool/abrt/<the_crash_directory>and has some reasonable content
- The tarball should contain config files from /etc, grub.conf, some info from /proc, loaded modules, and much more