From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT kerneloops feature with systemd-journald.
How to test
- Ensure you have will-crash-0.9 installed
su -c 'dnf install will-crash-0.9'
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the following command:
su -c 'dnf install abrt-addon-kerneloops'
- Ensure you have kernel-devel package installed
su -c 'dnf install kernel-devel-
- Ensure that the system log watcher service is running -
systemctl status abrt-oops.service
- Make sure
ps aux | grep abrt-dump-journal-oops
- Run the following command:
- Observe whether a crash notification appears
- ABRT should catch kernel oops appearing in
journalctl, create a crash report and notify you via the notification area