Download and run a Docker image with Cockpit
Log into Cockpit.
Make sure that Docker is active by following these steps inside Cockpit:
- Navigate to "Services" page.
- Switch to the "Sockets" tab.
- Find the "docker.socket" unit and start it if neccessary.
- Optionally, you can also "enable" the unit so that it starts after every boot.
Alternatively, you can run these commands in a shell:
# systemctl start docker.socket # systemctl enable docker.socket
How to test
- Navigate to the "Containers" page.
- Download the "fedora" image.
- Create a new container by running the image. Use
/bin/bashas the command and make sure it has a terminal.
- Type some commands into the container terminal. Maybe
- Monitor the memory and CPU usage of the container.
No errors should occur.