Change the "root" password with Cockpit
Log into Cockpit as "root".
How to test
- Change the root password via the menu in the top right corner.
- Log out and then try to log in with the old password.
- Try other wrong credentials, such as non-existing users and wrong passwords.
- Log in with the new password.
- Change the password back.
- Try entering mismatched passwords while doing so.
Logging in with a wrong password should produce a clear error message. The user should be presented with a clear error when the password is mismatched or inappropriate.