Create a VLAN interface with Cockpit
Log into Cockpit.
How to test
- Navigate to the "Networking" page for your machine.
- Create a VLAN interface for one of your existing network interfaces. Use any ID you like, the VLAN doesn't need to really work to continue with this test case.
- Switch the new VLAN interface on.
- Observe how it tries to obtain an IP address and either fails or succeeds (depending on whether the VLAN actually exists or not).
- Change the IPv4 configuration of the VLAN interface to have a manually assigned IP address of your choice.
- Delete the VLAN interface
No errors should occur.