(Redirected from SIGs/MinGW)
MinGW Special Interest Group
The Fedora MinGW project's mission is to provide an excellent development environment for Fedora users who wish to cross-compile their programs to run on Windows, minimizing the need to use Windows at all. In the past developers have had to port and compile all of the libraries and tools they have needed, and this huge effort has happened independently many times over. We aim to eliminate duplication of work for application developers by providing a range of libraries and development tools which have already been ported to the cross-compiler environment. This means that developers will not need to recompile the application stack themselves, but can concentrate just on the changes needed to their own application.
- Fedora-mingw mailing list for all developer, technical, end user questions.
- IRC: #fedora-mingw on FreeNode
- Approved packaging guidelines for this SIG.
- All outstanding Fedora MinGW review requests
- All MinGW related bugs and outstanding review requests
- Bootstrapping MinGW when building from scratch
- Windows cross compiler feature for Fedora 11
- Common rpmlint warnings and errors and what they mean
- List of issues with the current packaging guidelines
- Follow these guidelines for submitting a new package
- Documentation about the Cross Compiler Framework which supports both Win32 as well Win64 targets
- Fedora MinGW Testsuite
- List of tasks which still need to be done
Howtos and tutorials
- Tips and tricks for using the cross-compiler
- Example/tutorial showing how virt-viewer application was ported
- Fedora classroom talk on the project with some examples
- The Minimalist GNU for Windows (MinGW) project
- LWN article about the project
- Original RPMs by Callum Lerwick