From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from SIGs/Spins/CommunitySpinGuidelines)
This page describes the DOs and DONTs for Spins being submitted for review to the Spin SIG .
This document should also include guidelines with regards to the snippet layout as proposed in Kickstart Pool .
DOs and DONTs
- All bits on the spin concept MUST be in Fedora. This can either be a released tree, the release's corresponding updates tree, or rawhide.
- The spin concept MUST be tested thoroughly before submitting it to the Spin SIG for technical review.
- If the spin is to be included in the coming release, the spin MUST be composed on rawhide, using the compose tools in rawhide, and the packages from rawhide.
- Installation from the spin, whether a Live Spin or an Install Spin, MUST work.
- The Live Spin concept MUST be composed using a kickstart configuration.
- The Live Spin MUST include the one of the base kickstarts, which is designed to make the Live Spin work. Exceptions may be granted by the Spins SIG on request.
- The kickstart MUST be valid.
- HINT: Use
ksflattento see if all
%includestatements work properly. You probably shouldn't use absolute file paths.
- HINT: Use
ksvalidatorto see if all directives used are valid.
- The Live Spin MUST be maintained for the remainder of it's lifecycle.
- Other then locale, timezone and keyboard settings, and language-specific packages, the Localized Spin must match the upstream Live Spin you based the Localized Live Spin on. You can change the following things:
@*-supportpackage selections (languages) in the
hunspell-*package selections in the
openoffice.org-langpack-*package selections in the
- Package selection to meet the size as well as local hardware, software and cultural requirements.
- Additionally, you might need to specify a
%postscript to have the desktop environment use the correct keyboard layout, now that
- No notes on Installation Spins yet.
- Spin Submission Process
- Kickstart Pool . Details on the pool of kickstarts.