From Fedora Project Wiki
Additional Notes, Thoughts, and Questions
- It would be valuable to work in some bullets that address meeting the needs of the target audience for this release
- What are the needs of the target audience for the Beta release?
- What are the distinguishing features of the Beta Release?
- How is it different from Alpha and Final?
- Can we call them out a high level even if the distinguishing differences are in the required test cases.
- Requirements should be more stringent than Alpha, but less so than Final
- What problem is the Beta trying to solve?
- How will decide if the Beta Release is a success?
- How good does the Beta need to be?
- Do we put the Fedora distribution or project at risk if we don't meet this criterion?
- Do we negatively affect users or others if we don't meet this criterion?
- What is unique about Beta blocker bugs and how can we capture that above (or tighten down in Beta and Final release sections)?
- Make sure all MUST and SHOULD items from [QA/ReleaseCriteria] are integrated into the test plans referenced in the requirements