Certain types of bugs are considered automatic $TYPEs. These bugs can be marked as accepted by any member of one of the stakeholder groups without formal review. A comment should accompany this change, explaining that it has been made under the automatic $TYPE policy and linking to this section of this page. If anyone believes that a bug has been incorrectly marked as Accepted$TYPECAMEL in this way, they may propose that it be formally reviewed by appending a comment to the bug or by raising it during a $TYPE review meeting. Only the following types of bug are considered automatic $TYPEs. Note that where an item on this list applies to $BLOCKING images, a corresponding issue in a non-$BLOCKING image would likely be an automatic freeze exception, under the corresponding policy.
- Bugs which entirely prevent the composition of one or more of the $BLOCKING images required to be built for a currently-pending (pre-)release
- Incorrect checksums present on any of the $BLOCKING images (failures of QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Checksums)
- Unresolved dependencies on a $BLOCKING DVD-style (offline installer) image (failures of QA:Testcase_Mediakit_Repoclosure)
- File conflicts between two packages on a $BLOCKING DVD-style (offline installer) image without an explicit Conflicts: tag (failures of QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts)
- Complete failure of any $BLOCKING image to boot at all under any circumstance - "DOA" image (conditional failure is not an automatic $TYPE)
- Any $BLOCKING Beta or Final image exceeding its maximum size (failures of QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size)
- The default desktop background in a $BLOCKING desktop being the same as one of the last two stable releases
- Bugs designated as blockers by FESCo (see Fedora 38_Beta_Release_Criteria#FESCo_blocker_bugs)
No other type of bug can be considered an automatic $TYPE under any circumstance. In particular, "I think it is obviously a $TYPE" is not a valid reason to use this procedure. If you believe another type of bug should be added to the list, please propose the change on the test@ mailing list.