|Upgrade Test Day|
|Date||2020-09-21 to 2020-12-21|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Upgrade Test Day
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion. In case of problem related to test day organization/wiki/whatever, please reach out to sumantrom.
- Development - jmracek (jmracek) , kalev (kalev)
- Quality Assurance - Adam Williamson (adamw), Kamil Paral (kparal), frantisekz (frantisekz), Sumantro Mukherjee (sumantrom),
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A system (real or virtual) you can install Fedora to, and not mind if it breaks
- A Fedora 32 image: download Workstation or Server or KDE and other spins
- For Previous Test Cases: download Fedora 31
- Make sure to use the latest version of dnf for F31 installed
How to test?
Run the tests
Visit the result page and click on the column title links to see the tests that need to be run: most column titles are links to a specific test case. Follow the instructions there, then enter your results by clicking the Enter result button for the test.
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for the component dnf. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.
Anaconda will display an error dialog allowing you to report the problem to Bugzilla. This will also automatically attach logs, error message and traceback to the report -- this way of reporting bugs is preferred.
The results will be transferred once the test day is over