|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 14:13, 23 June 2010
Fedora Ambassador Conduct: you are Fedora
As an ambassador, you represent the Fedora Project with its core values: Friends, Freedom, Features, First (they are as the Constitution for a Nation).
- Friends: your auditorium is composed of people that appreciate better your message if you consider them with respect, as a friend. Giving the right impression is important setting aside personal biases in favor of goodwill for yourself and for Fedora.
- Freedom: explain the idea of free and open source software, with its possibilities to develop SW that people want based on their needs. You need to know the good word of Fedora.
- Features & First: Even though you may believe that Fedora is perfection, you should not insult any other project or product, but focalize your message on the Fedora strength and its caracteristics, explain its continuos developing process to perfect Fedora based on its broad community of volunteers. You should not direct people to software that may violate the law. You can direct users to third-party software, but do not lead users to software that may violate the law or copyrights. When you direct someone to third-party software, please make it clear that use of the software is not supported or encouraged by the Fedora Project. Review and understand our ForbiddenItems.
The Fedora brand is independent, and stand-alone, and it's important to Fedora's marketing efforts that we maintain that distinction. When you are representing the Fedora Project we suggest to wear our hat or t-shirt.
As an ambassador
- you are not allowed to publish any bank details or funding requests on fedoraproject.org
- you are not authorized to collect funds on behalf of the Fedora Project or for any Fedora-related venture.
I need help
In the beginning, it is a good idea to show drafts of your ambassador messages to a member of the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee. This will help you gain confidence, and the committee member can make sure that your message is compatible with the program guidelines.
Where are you from?
- In EMEA region? Use EMEA-Request-Trac and file a ticket.
- In India? Use Fedora India Trac and file a ticket.