This page should help us plan events in EMEA better. Instead of just listing events, we should have an idea what kind of audience we can approach there, what our reach would be, if the event has our target audience.
- The fiscal year 2017 starts on March 1 2016 and ends on February 29 2017, please add only events which take place between those days.
- Add only "sizable" events which needs some planning, or budget, or we should have under our radar. Don't add events such as a monthly gathering of local user group although we encourage you attend such events and promote Fedora there.
- Date - you don't need to know an exact date, many events announce it just a couple of months before, but you should know the month, or at least the quarter when it will take place. If you're not sure that the event will take place, don't hesitate and write organizers and ask them. We have had a lot of events we budgeted money for, they didn't take place, and we lost the money. You should be sure that the event will most likely take place.
- Name, Location - pretty self-explanatory :)
- Event Owner - before we include an event to our plans and allocate money to it, we need to know who will take care of the organization of Fedora presence there, events that are not assigned to anyone can't get funding.
- Description - describe the event, topics covered, size, importance,...
- Audience - estimate the number of attendees and specify what kind of audience it is, this should help us determine whom to target there and what flavor/spin promote there.
- Justification - explain why Fedora should be at the event and invest in sending people there, what are opportunities and benefits.
- Expense - specify budget estimation to have adequate presence there.
|March 11-12||PyCon SK||Bratislava, Slovakia||Miro Hrončok||A two day conference devoted to python||300, makers and designers, hardware hackers||We should definitely promote Fedora there, since this is a major Python event||$400|
|March 14-15||Open Source Weekend||Bratislava, Slovakia||Jiri Eischmann||A two-day conference on various Linux and open source topics. Organized by the Slovak Society for Open Technologies. Located at the campus of two big technical universities||100-150, mostly students and university teachers, but also some developers and admins from the enterprise sector||It's the only sizable Linux/FLOSS event in Slovakia, so if we want to build awareness in this country, we should be there, it's also attended by our target audience||$50|
|March 19-20||Chemnitzer Linux Tage 2015||Chemnitz, Germany||Joerg Simon||The Chemnitzer Linux days are an event for everyone about Linux and open source. The place is Chemnitz, the CLUG, the Computer Center and the faculty of computer science at the TU Chemnitz and many volunteers make it happen. Talks, Demonstrations, Live Workshops, and Projects who present themselves.||3000+||Event with a long tradition, true FOSS Spirit, all major players are there - not showing up as project would decrease visibility in the german FOSS/Linux-Eco System||$1300|
|April?||3D Expo||Prague, Czech Republic||Miro Hrončok||A two day expo and conference devoted to desktop 3D printing and related technologies.||300, makers and designers, hardware hackers||We can promote Fedora Workstation to makers, especially promote our 3D printing stack||$120|
|April 15-17||PyCon Italy||Florence, Italy||Robert Mayr||PyCon Italia is the national conference where professionals, reasearchers and lovers of the most beautiful programming language, gather together. Starting from this edition, PyCon Italy will change its structure: it becomes a multithematic event which gathers the most important subcommunities within the Python universe.||400, mostly developers but also students.||We want to show how to use Fedora as development distribution for Python Developers and will also give a talk about this topic.||$1200|
|April 28-30||LinuxWochen Vienna||Vienna, Austria||??||$500?|
|May 14-15||OSCAL||Tirana, Albania||Giannis Konstantinidis||International conference held in Albania, organized to promote software freedom, open source software, free culture and open knowledge.||~400||Last year we had a great presence. Been invited again this year. Targeting students and young people. Good opportunity to promote Fedora, have an impact in the region and help build a local community.||$400|
|May 16-18||DORS/CLUC||Zagreb, Croatia||Zacharias Mitzelos||Largest open source software conference in Croatia, organized by main local FLOSS associations.||Several hundred||We have not been covering countries of former Yugoslavia at all, this is probably the best event to start.||$700|