|Line 131:||Line 131:|
File:Bcy2016-mm-yannaing.png|Yan Naing Myint at BarCamp Yangon 2016 mentioning Steganography
File:Bcy-audiences-yannaing.jpg| Audiences while Yan Naing Myint is taking topic at BarCamp Yangon 2016
File:Barcamp-day2-group.jpg| Group Photo at the end of BarCamp Yangon 2016 - Day 2 at Myanmar ICT Park
File:Cake-f23r-mm.jpg|Fedora 23 Release cake in Myanmar
File:Cakecut-f23r-mm.jpg|Cake-Cutting celebration of Fedora 23 Release at Fedora Project - Myanmar Community's Headoffice
File:Chat-f23r-mm.jpg|Chatting about fedora in Fedora 23 release - Myanmar.
File:Leap-f23r-mm.jpg|Leap Sok talking about How To Contribute Fedora in Fedora 23 Release in Myanmar
File:Pravin-f23r-mm.jpg|Pravin Satpute talking about "What the students needs? and What Fedora can provide" in Fedora 23 Release in Myanmar.
File:Yannaing-f23r-mm.jpg|Yan Naing Myint demonstrating about Installation of Fedora in Fedora 23 Release in Myanmar
File:Gp-f23r-mm.jpg|Group Photo at the end of Fedora 23 Release + Translation Workshop in Myanmar; Everyone is holding Fedora 23 Workstation Live DVD (64bits) in hand.
Revision as of 03:25, 10 February 2016
BarCamp Yangon 2016
About BarCamp Yangon
BarCamp Yangon is held yearly at MICT Park in Yangon and that is a world's largest BarCamp ever. link. Topic speakers usually have 45 minutes and provided with Projectors, microphones, whiteboards and power supplies. Fedora Project Myanmar Community had participated in BarCamp Yangon since 2013. This will be best place for spreading Fedora in Myanmar.
After BarCamp Yangon
After BarCamp Yangon, we're planning to have a Translation Workshop.
Venue is already reserved at Fedora Project - Myanmar Community's Headoffice
Date & Location
- Date: BarCamp: January 30 & 31, 2016
- Location MICT Park, Yangon, Myanmar.
- Date: Fedora 23 Release events + Translation workshop: Feb 1st & 2nd, 2016
- Location Fedora Project - Myanmar Community's Headoffice
Where is Myanmar Community's Headoffice ?
- Address: No.33 (3rd Floor), Zalun St., San Chaung Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Travel and VISA Information
- If you need more information of VISA, please view this link.
- If you need any assistance for documentation, please contact Yan Naing Myint.
|Attendee||Arrival||Departure||Estimated travel cost||Funding request||Approved Amount||Accommodation||Food|
|1. Yan Naing Myint||-||local||-||N/A|
|2. Pravin Satpute||28th Jan||2nd Feb||$601||Ticket 219||$100||TBD|
|3. Leap Sok||28th Jan||2nd Feb||$260||Ticket 218||$100||TBD|
Vega Star Hotel, Yangon
No. 68, Oakk Kyin Station Road, (16) Quatar, Hlaing Township, Yangon.
|Accommodation||$250||for 4 nights (for 2 people in shared room)|
|Lunch for Participants of Translation Sprint||$100|
|Basics of FOSS and Introduction to Fedora||Pravin Satpute|
|Fedora Globalization - How to cater local needs||Pravin Satpute|
|Learning Unicode||Pravin Satpute|
|How to contribute in Fedora||Leap Sok|
|IT Configuration Management and Automation with Ansible||Leap Sok|
Fedora release event + Translation Workshop Day 1
|11:30-12:00||Things happening in Myanmar Fedora||Yan Naing Myint|
|12:00-12:30||Different way to contribute in Fedora||Leap Sok|
|12:30:01:00||Fedora 23 release celebration||All|
|02:00-02:45||Introduction of Fedora (Burmese)||Yan Naing Myint|
|02:45-3:30||Different way to contribute in Fedora||Leap Sok|
|03:30-4:45||Students Needs and How Fedora helps to it?||Leap Sok|
|04:45-05:30||F23 Installation Demonstration||Yan Naing Myint|
|06:15-07:00||Hands-on - Workshop Fedora readiness for Burmese (i18n)||Pravin Satpute|
|07:00-08:30||Creating Burmese language team in Fedora||Pravin Satpute|
- Leap had morning flight and Pravin around Lunch time.
- We gave assignment to students on first day. This was again working day and due to college most of the students not able to attend.
- Yan Naing Myint's Blog Post (BarCamp Yangon 2016)
- Yan Naing Myint's Blog Post (Fedora 23 Release)
- Fedora 23 Release event at Myanmar
- Representing Fedora at BarCamp Yangon 2016
- Leap Sok's blog post about Fedora at BarCamp Yangon 2016