Revision as of 22:28, 15 July 2013
The X2Go project has taken over development of the old NX libraries and has developed new clients and server code around it. We will move to use the X2Go NX library in Fedora and include the full X2Go suite.
- Name: Orion Poplawski
- Email: orion at nwra dot com
- IRC: orionp
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-05-30
- Percentage of completion: 10%
The current nx package in Fedora is based on the last open source release from NoMachine. NoMachine is no longer developing nx as an open source project. The X2Go project has taken the nx code and is maintaining it as well as developing new client and server code around it.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will contain a maintained, secure remote desktop/application access solution that works well over slower Internet connections.
- Review the new nx-libs package which will replace the current nx package.
- Confirm that existing packages that use nx work with the new package (if they worked before).
- Review and include the rest of the X2Go suite.
How To Test
We could perhaps revive the old nx package (with epoch bump if necessary), but this seems unlikely.