kasumi-unicode will be generated newly with kasumi.spec in kasumi project.
- Name: Takao Fujiwara
- Email: fujiwara [at] redhat [dot] com
- Targeted release: Fedora 34
- Last updated: 2020-11-24
- FESCo issue: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
- Release notes tracker: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
anthy-unicode has been forked from anthy since anthy was no longer maintained in upstream. kasumi is one of the applications which link to the libraries of anthy. In case kasumi links to anthy, the private dictionary is located in
$HOME/.anthy directory. In case kasumi links to anthy-unicode, the private dictionary is located at
I wish kasumi links to anthy-unicode newly but some other applications still use anthy.
E.g. ibus-anthy uses anthy-unicode and
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/anthy. fcitx-anthy, scim-anthy, uim-anthy, gcim-anthy uses anthy and
To keep the back compatibility while *-anthy will migrate to use anthy-unicode, kasumi.spec is going to generate kasumi twice to generate two kasumi binaries with different CFLAGS and LDFLAGS between anthy and anthy-unicode.
kasumi-unicode will be generated to link to anthy-unicode.
anthy-unicode enhances anthy for:
- internal data EUC-JP to UTF-8
- user dic in $HOME/.anthy to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/anthy
Benefit to Fedora
anthy-unicode saves the user dictionaries in the Freedesktop configuration directory $XDG_CONFIG_HOME. Contributers can develop anthy-unicode with UTF-8 words internally.
- Proposal owners:
- Other developers: AkiraTagoh (Fedora maintaier of kasumi)
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number (a check of an impact with Release Engineering is needed)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
ibus-anthy will depend on anthy-unicode and kasumi-unicode instead of kasumi.
How To Test
- Enable ibus-anthy in your desktop
- Run /usr/libexec/ibus-setup-anthy
- Run kasumi-unicode from "Dictionary" tab in the dialog
- Register some words with kasumi-unicode
The user dictionary is saved in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/anthy and ibus-anthy can use it.
Users will run
anthy-unicode-dic-tool --migrate in case that users need to migrate the user dictionary in $HOME/.anthy with one in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/anthy.
- Contingency mechanism: Revert the change of kasumi.spec and ibus-anthy will depends on kasumi.
- Contingency deadline: Alpha freeze
- Blocks release? No
- Blocks product? No