The purpose of this page is to build a Fedora Diversity events calendar, and to identify regional participation for each event. Since agenda of diversity team is to help minorities and make Fedora community more inclusive, we are going to target the events which are minority specific.
This page is maintained by Fedora Diversity Team. In case of any modifications required, please contact Diversity Team
Events can be added to this page whether or not they have any owner.
- FLISoL: It's the largest event in latam, being held in over 200 cities at the same time. I will make some efforts to put a fedora diversity talk in as many locations as I can. This will check the "Latam-Hispanic" group.
- LGBT community: To raise awareness we should also held some activities during this day. However, since the worldwide celebration will be on  May 17, I guess if we held something the sat-20 will be fine. A panel like we did for FWD might be fantastic.
- Disabilities: We should definitely include a day to celebrate those who despite the adversity, have conquer them and work with us at Fedora. The International Day of Persons with Disabilities will be next Dec 03 (sat) and I think we should host a panel where they can show us how have they conquer the IT world.
- FWD: This was a succeess and I would love to host it again. I think that we can pre-plan this in advance, create all the resources we need to spread it wider and include more people.
- Fedora Diversity Day: We don't have our own event and we should definitely do one. I would love this to be a yearly FAD or something that we can consider our own celebration to review numbers, strategies and so on. I'm sure we will work on having a FAD, so I think they will match and we will be able to have a proper diversity (general) event.
- Next Diversity Panel planning in process
- FAD (Or Fedora Diversity Day) planning in process
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLISOL  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_Against_Homophobia,_Transphobia_and_Biphobia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations%27_International_Day_of_Persons_with_Disabilities