The purpose of this page is to build a Fedora Diversity events calendar, and to identify regional participation for each event. Since agenda of diversity team is to help minorities and make Fedora community more inclusive, we are going to target the events which are minority specific.
This page is maintained by Fedora Diversity Team. In case of any modifications required, please contact Diversity Team
Events can be added to this page whether or not they have any owner.
- FWD: (Fedora Women Day) - This was a success and We would love to host it again. We will pre-plan this in advance, create all the resources we need to spread it wider and include more people. Example Link for this is here
- FLISoL: FLISoL, an acronym for Festival Latinoamericano de Instalación de Software Libre (Latin American free software install fest), is the biggest event for spreading Software Libre since 2005, performed simultaneously in different countries of Latin America. In 2012, more than 290 cities from 20 countries of Latin America participated on a FLISoL. Our Fedora Diversity Adviser Tatica will make some efforts to put a fedora diversity talk in as many locations as I can. This will check the "Latam-Hispanic" group. We can align our regional/local events to support this.
- LGBT community: To raise awareness we will also held some activities during this day. However, since the worldwide celebration of International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia will be on May 17, but we can do it on Saturday May 20,2017. A panel like we did for FWD might be fantastic.
- Disabilities: We will definitely include a day to celebrate those who despite the adversity, have conquer them and work with us at Fedora. The International Day of Persons with Disabilities will be next Dec 03 (saturday) and We will host a panel where they can show us how have they conquer the IT world.
- Fedora Diversity Day: We would like to initiate celebrating Fedora Diversity Day. We would love this to be a yearly FAD or something that we can consider a Diversity team's own celebration to review numbers, strategies and so on. We are sure that we will work on having a FAD, so We think it will match and we will be able to have a proper diversity (general) event. Link for this is here
- Next Diversity Panel planning in process
- Diversity Team Presence in Flock, 2016:
- Fedora Diversity Panel And
- Women in Open Source
- More information on these can be found on blog posts -
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLISOL  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_Against_Homophobia,_Transphobia_and_Biphobia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations%27_International_Day_of_Persons_with_Disabilities