System locale and keyboard layout settings are configured using the
localectl utility. Read
man localectl for instructions on adjusting the system locale.
- ibus panel icon now shows the prefix of language names instead of layout names in non-GNOME desktop.
- Users' ibus input method engines always run when they log into GNOME desktop so that they switch the engines quickly without waiting for the engine launching time.
- ibus input method engines now are hidden on the lock screen in GNOME desktop.
- ibus implements a special panel icon for KDE5 since KDE5 no longer enable GtkStatusIcon by default.
- Minglish, a new Marathi language m17n input method is added.
- New Fonts
- google-noto-sans-oriya-fonts, google-noto-sans-oriya-ui-fonts
- gnome-characters - Characters is a simple utility application to find and insert unusual characters.
- New Locales
- bh_IN (Bhili language locale for India ), ce_RU (Chechen locale for RUSSIAN FEDERATION), raj_IN (Rajasthani locale for India) and tu_IN (Tulu locale for India)