Fedora 20 Supplemental Wallpapers
Fedora Supplemental wallpapers are the non-default wallpapers provided with Fedora. Each release, the fedora community submits, votes on and compiles these images into a package that can be installed on Fedora.
How to Submit
- Review the Guidelines for Submission
- Log in to the wiki with your FAS Account. (Don't have a FAS Account? Get one here)
- Upload your wallpaper file
- Add your file (by editing this wiki page) to the list of submissions
Polar Day by Josef Skládanka CC-BY-SA 3.0
Pink Spring by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Sloth by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Spring Greenery by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Spanish Sunset 1 by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Spanish Sunset 2 by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Sunset Lamp by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Temple by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Mirante at Floripa by Jerônimo Medina Madruga CC0 1.0
Hawaii Blue by Jamie Nguyen CC0 1.0
Books Books Books by Jamie Nguyen CC0 1.0
Darts by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Seagulls by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Dew by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Ghirigoro by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Green Life by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Bissia by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Vacations by Elisa Peroni CC-BY-SA 3.0
Pescador aofundo by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Lápis by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Litoral sul do alto by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Flor by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Rede by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Bugzilla by David Cantrell CC-BY-SA 3.0
Oops by David Cantrell CC-BY-SA 3.0
Peafowl by David Cantrell CC-BY-SA 3.0
Waterfall by David Cantrell CC-BY-SA 3.0
Férias by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Pink Flowers in India by Tom Callaway CC-BY-SA 3.0
Fall by Kevin Fenzi CC-BY-SA 3.0
Mt St Helens by Shu Shen CC-BY-SA 3.0
Coldwater Lake by Shu Shen CC-BY-SA 3.0
Valparaiso by quinquen CC-BY-SA 3.0
Sunset in English Bay by Luya Tshimbalanga CC-BY-SA 3.0
Misty Water by Luya Tshimbalanga CC-BY-SA 3.0
Field by Julien Delarocque CC-BY-SA 3.0
earth+air Laszlo Fintor CC-BY-SA 3.0
Palcmanská Maša - Slovakia Paradise Petr Schindler CC-BY-SA 3.0
Moth by Lubomír Sajič CC-BY-SA 3.0
Arran by Bruce Cowan CC-BY-SA 3.0
Structure by Yu Boot CC-BY-SA 3.0
Lightning North of Akron by Ricky Elrod CC-BY-SA 3.0
Autumn Leaves From Last Year by Ricky Elrod CC-BY-SA 3.0
Seemingly Abandoned Building by Ricky Elrod CC-BY-SA 3.0
Stars and Andromeda! by Ricky Elrod CC-BY-SA 3.0
Depth of Field Leaf by Ricky Elrod CC-BY-SA 3.0
Parasomnias by Fabián Orccón CC-BY-SA 3.0
Puerto Madero by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Itaparica by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Badger by Ralph Bean CC-BY-SA 3.0
Fraser Island Sunrise by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Green Grass by Ryan Lerch CC0 1.0
Pacific_Sunset_Valparaíso by quinquen CC-BY-SA 3.0
Poste by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0
Banderines de San Pedro by quinquen CC-BY-SA 3.0
The Fedora 19 Supplemental Wallpapers provide a great example of the types of images that are chosen:
All submissions or contributions:
- Must be covered by the Contributor License Agreement. We cannot accept contributions from individuals who have not signed the CLA in the Fedora Account System. The CLA allows us to properly license artwork submissions for distribution with Fedora and other Fedora projects.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- Should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another approved liberal open source license. See a list of approved licenses for Fedora.
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks of any kind
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- No sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- No images of weapons or violent imagery
- No alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
- No images of hats, particularly fedoras. (This is a matter of respect for our primary sponsor, Red Hat, Inc., and is not negotiable. Of course, passive appearance of hats, such as those upon heads in a crowd, may be allowed.)
- No version numbers. End users might prefer to continue to use an older theme, or use the latest theme in their older version of Fedora. To enable that choice, do not use any version numbers within the Fedora artwork.
- No text. Text should not be used in the backgrounds because the artwork is intended for a global audience and to be reused by derivative distributions.
- Should not contain images of people (contemporary, historical, or fictional)
- Should not contain images of pets, or captive or mistreated animals
- Should be provided in a 16:9 aspect ratio if possible (2560×1440 is an example of a common sufficient resolution at the 16:9 ratio. But of you can go bigger, do!).
- Must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats include SVG and PNG. Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at a high resolution.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
- Should strive for subtlety and poetry
- Avoid high frequency images (http://forensicphotoshop.blogspot.com/2009/04/low-frequency-vs-high-frequency.html)
- A soft focus is one way to achieve this
- As the name suggests, visually, it should settle into the "background" of the activity scene.
- Fewer details on left side allows for good readability for primary icons on the desktop.
- Keep in mind that many users have icons covering the entire desktop view.
- Do not compete for the user's attention
The following adjectives should be used to select an appropriate design:
- (Region/country specific content)