This is the main page for the Fedora/RHEL/CentOS docs FAD, which is a FAD focused on collaboration on docs with other projects in the Fedora ecosystem.
- Identify key strategic deliverables. For example, Installation Guide, Admin Guide, etc. The Fedora docs team can (and almost certainly will) deliver other docs, but these will be the focus of cross-project collaboration.
- Outline how each key deliverable can be assembled from smaller topics. Smaller topics ease reuse and collaboration between teams.
- Discuss the hornet's nest that is tooling. Common tooling can reduce cross-project friction, but it's not strictly necessary. Fedora needs tools that serve its community's needs first.
The completion of these goals will create the following positive change within the project:
- The Fedora docs team will have better strategic direction for its docs, rather than writing whatever somebody happens to decide to write.
- Fedora documentation will have more contributors from downstream projects by making reuse easier.
These outcomes connect with the following Fedora Community Objectives by creating documentation that can be reused for modular Fedora. Fedora's modularization efforts are in line with the direction of its downstream projects, and easing reuse for downstreams also makes Fedora's docs more reusable internally.
Detailed Work Items & Final Attendees
See the How to organize a FAD list; you can keep your to-do list here.
- Work out budget
Decide on Dates and Location(tentatively set)
- Arrange Facilities
- List Resources
- Be Somewhat Structured
- Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Arrange a Social Event
- Location: Red Hat Tower, Raleigh, NC
- Date: May 6-8, 2016
- Participants arrive by the evening of May 5.
- May 6: all day meeting
- May 7: all day meeting
- May 8: all day meeting, possibly early adjourn for travel
- Participants leave on the evening of May 8 or morning of May 9
- Personnel (people who might fit the bill)
- Pete Travis (location?, Fedora docs team lead) Confirmed? (Y)
- Zach Oglesby (location?, Fedora docs team member) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Jared Smith (Stafford VA, Fedora docs team member) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Shaun McCance (Cincinnati, Red Hat community docs) Confirmed? Y
- Stephen Gilson (Westford, Red Hat product docs) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Paul Frields (Fredericksburg VA, Red Hat Fedora eng) Confirmed? Y
- Ryan Lerch (Brisbane QLD Australia, Red Hat Fedora eng) Confirmed? Y
- Silas Hensley (Brno, Red Hat product docs) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Remy DeCausemaker (Raleigh, Red Hat OSAS/Fedora community lead) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Jim Perrin (Houston Tx, CentOS Project) Confirmed? (Y)
- Name (location, role) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Glen Rundblom (Champaign, IL, Fedora docs team member) -Cannot Travel in May but would like to contribute / be apart in some manner
- Other considerations
- Paul would drive to RDU and could give Jared a lift, and/or pick up someone at the airport. Paul must leave the afternoon of Saturday, May 7.
- Contributor V can offer a living room for evening social gatherings.
- Contributor W has a car and is willing to do airport pick-ups.
- Contributor X needs as much advance notice as possible.
- Contributor Y has a schedule that is better on Fridays than on Tuesdays, and prefers weekend times after 4:28 AM.
- Contributor Z is allergic to peanuts.
Snacks/Beverages: Details go here.
Lunch: Details go here.
Dinner: Details go here.
If you want funding from Red Hat, ask the OSAS team. If you can find other ways to fund your FAD, that's great too!
|Shaun McCance||Wed May 4 morning||Wed May 4 noonish||Mon May 9 afternoon||Mon May 9 afternoon||(funded directly by Red Hat)|
|Paul Frields||(by car, ~6am Fri May 6)||~10am Fri May 6||(by car, ~4pm Sat May 7)||~8pm Sat May 7||(F-Eng budget will handle transportation, need lodging $)|
|Pete Travis||(by air, 5MAY PM)||(by air, 5MAY PM)||(by air, 7MAY PM)||Travel from FAD, arrival||~$425, need lodging|
|Name||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||Ticket cost|
- Travel: $A for airfare, bus, train, etc. funding needed to get attendees to the FAD
- Housing: $B for hotel, etc. needed to have attendees sleep during the FAD
- link to hotel room booking website, if applicable
- Space: $C for renting space to hack in, if applicable
- address and travel details for the space
- Supplies: $D for anything else you may need
Total budget: $A+B+C+D